Sustainability Gets a Boost at Qasr Al Sarab Desert Resort by Anantara
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates, April 1, 2021 / TRAVELINDEX / Sustainability is at the forefront of Qasr Al Sarab Desert Resort by Anantara, whose ethos can be summed up as ‘Sustainable Luxury’. In line with this, Qasr Al Sarab by Anantara launches a host of new sustainable initiatives that build upon a broad platform of existing energy and carbon-saving practices, staying strong to its core goal of protecting the environment.
Initiatives include using biodegradable water bottles across the resort, made entirely from sustainable material. Furthermore, renewable energy has also been implemented across the property, with solar panels harnessing the power of the desert sun to create hot water for all guest rooms and villas, and for the resort’s laundry.
The key focuses for the resort recently and in the near future include:
- Being a plastic bottle free resort
- Utilising renewable solar power for hot water
- Solar heating systems to save electricity
- Zero waste initiatives across the resort
- Growing its own vegetables for use in signature dishes
- Educating guests to support the Sustainable Luxury ethos
With an ever changing world, the resort and its team aims to give back to Mother Earth using precious resources in the best and most effective method.